Women at work

I have a PhD in electrical engineering and have been teaching and doing programming and IT for ... too many years. (specializing in networks and security) I am not going to disclose my age! I am one of very few women of my age who STAYED in the field, since it is super competitive macho field. But here I am! I use my engineering skills for everything I do. In this blog, I will share anything from technical to social comments on technology.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Cold shower rocks it!

Ah let me introduce you to water heaters. 30 gallon water heater is considered "small" in the USA... for 1-2 peeps... 30 gallon water heater is about 35 inches tall (waist height) and about 20 inches across. It is a HUGE thing. AND, you are racking up electric bill to keep that ENTIRE HUGE THING heated at all times. Just imagine the waste!!! This water heater was already in my house and I was always wishing for a smaller one....

To me, water is SACRED. I cherish every single drop of it. It comes naturally, I always loved water, and then we bonded super tight during one mystical experience in ... Lowe's kitchen and bath area in Kapolei, where I was admiring one super beautiful golden fawcet.... and then I "saw" a vision of water coming out of as liquid gold, all sparkley, all ALIVE, all PRECIOUS. I was in total awe. From then on, I protect water with all my being. It is SACRED. So.. I take super short showers in rather lukewarm water. I don't really wash dishes with hot water - to me that is a waste. And I NEVER drink hot water from the faucet - to me water heater water is not REALLY drinkable....And of course all dishwasher water goes to water the flowers. I also catch water during showering and use it for gardening. Yeah I walk my talk.

So today my old 30 gal water heater died. Yeah!!! Chance to buy a smaller one. Esp since the water tanks are so expensive it is ridiculous. WE WASTE SO MUCH ENERGY AND WATER!!!!!

The plumber came and he wanted to charge me 200 dollars to change the heater. I said no thanks. ... He wanted to blackmail me to charge me for the privilege of having a hot shower tonight.

Well - I am better off with cold shower, actually.... I had one and it is SO REFRESHING, it is absolutely DELICIOUS.

I LOVE COLD SHOWERS. Here in Hawaii where it is so hot, a cold shower feels soooooo gooooooodddddddddddd.... Aaaaaahh... I feel so sparkley and refreshed.

Furthermore it reminds me of my native home in the woods of Pine Barrens and all the lovely baths we take in the super cold stream, and how cold it feels at first and then how FRESH it feels and how GOOD it feels...

So ladies and gentleman, hot shower is totally bogus, for most part. Cold water is a lot better for ya. I feel brand new.

Now I feel really sleepy and very happy. I AM PEACEFUL AND HAPPY. 
 THIS IS RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE AND RIDICULOUSLY NOT NEEDED!!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!!!!!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home